Featured Gluten-Free Recipe
>> Complete list of recipes
All previous featured recipes are listed in our Expanded Gluten-Free Resoures area. It is free to register. Sign-up Now!
Blueberry Crumb Muffins
Light and delicious, the perfect breakfast. Freeze extras so you can take them out when you need them. Any berry can be used in this recipe.
- ½ cup white rice flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- ½ cup sorghum flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup low-fat 1% milk
- 4 Tb melted butter, (divided in half)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 Tb brown sugar
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup white rice flour
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper muffin cups.
- Mix all dry ingredients, flour through lemon zest, in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, yogurt, milk and 2 tablespoons of the melted butter.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour in wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Stir in blueberries. Divide batter evenly among the 12 prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, Mix together brown sugar, almond flour, white rice flour, nutmeg and remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter using a fork to mix.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over the 12 muffins.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle come out clean.
These muffins are best served warm with butter or jelly. Freeze unused muffins so you can have fresh muffins whenever you want them.